Enjoy a picnic in the beautiful city garden of Marres!
Fancy a picnic at Marres? We offer a delicious picnic with Marres Kitchen products in our lush and famous garden. Between 1:30 and 4:30 PM you can pick up a picnic basket at the reception for 10 euros per person. Combine the picnic with a visit to the exhibition The Floor is Lava in Marres.
What's in the picnic basket?
The basket is filled with products from Marres Kitchen: bread, with a choice of hummus, mutabal or baba ganoush. A bag of peanuts and a bottle of mint water. You’ll also get orange juice, spa red or a can of beer to keep you thirsty. For 2.50 euros extra per person you get a bottle (25cl) of red or white wine or rosé. The blankets for the picnic are designed by artists Mike Moonen, Kim van Norren, Gijs Frieling and Tineke Kambier.
In addition to a picnic basket with lunch, you can enjoy an activity. How can we express our sensory perceptions in such a way that we can share them with others without speaking the same language? Do your own research with one of the assignments made for Marres by students at Maastricht University.
- Opening hours garden: Tuesday – Sunday 12 – 5 PM
- Picnic baskets are subject to availability
- Please note: Marres is closed on Mondays (also not reachable by phone).
- In case of bad weather or rain, no picnic will be offered.
- Picnicking is possible until Sunday 4 August 2019.
- Picnic can be reserved by phone or by mail
- By phone: dial 043 327 02 07, choose option 3 from the dropdown menu. Reception is available daily between 12 and 5 PM.
- By mail: send an email to email@example.com. Reservations by mail can only be made at least 1 day in advance. The reservation is completed when you receive a confirmation email from us.