Deadline July 10, 2020 - 6PM
Are you resident of Limburg or the surrounding area and would you like to exhibit your artwork in Marres? This is your chance!
A Biennale for everyone
From September 5 to November 15, Marres launches the first Limburg Biennale by following the tradition of the annual Summer Exhibition of the Royal Academy in London. For this exhibition, the Royal Academy brings together all kinds of artists, professionals, amateurs, and hobbyists in a high-impact celebration of the arts. For the Limburg Biennale, Marres invites everyone in Limburg and the surrounding area to submit a maximum of three art works. A jury of professional artists will make a selection from these submitted works for the exhibition. The selected artists may choose to sell their works in the exhibition.
Wish to join?
The procedure is very easy. You can submit your work free of charge in an application that contains the following items:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- A maximum of three images per work for a maximum of three works of art
- Short bio (max. 150 words)
- Information about the submitted work(s), including title, year of completion, dimensions, weight, materials and price.
Please assemble this information in one PDF file and e-mail it to email@example.com. Write ‘Registration for Limburg Biennale’ in the subject line.
By submitting your application, you agree to the terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- Participants must be resident in Limburg or the surrounding area.
- Incomplete applications or applications that contain more than three works will not be processed.
- You must be able to deliver and collect your work yourself.
- Participants may submit a maximum of three different works of art and a maximum of three photos for each work of art.
- A jury of professional artists will make a selection from the submitted works.
- Marres does not offer climate control and UV-resistant glass.
- The selected work of art may be put on sale. If the work is sold, 80% of the proceeds go to the artist and the rest goes to Marres. For artists that are under contract with galleries and wish to sell their work at Marres, other arrangements will be made.
- Please note: there is limited space for large/heavy installations and performances.
Members of the jury; Chaim van Luit, Charlotte Lagro, Esther Janssen, Hadassah Emmerich, Joan van Barneveld, Keetje Mans, Marta Volkova en Slava Shevelenko, Mike Moonen, Rik Meijers, Sidi El Karchi, Tanja Ritterbex en Vera Gulikers